- B10/8353 – a 30 y/o man with recurrent seizures.
- DNET-(Dysembrioplastic neuroepíthelial tumor) + cortical dysplasia (WHO -grade I)
2. PORTO CASE
- H05-10340 – Woman, 57 y/o. Tumor at the periphery of the frontal lobe.
- Secretory meningioma, grade I (EMA, AE1-AE3+, PAS +)
- B10-6191 – 4 y/o, male. A 1 year progressive paresia. CT/MRI: A volumous
medular tumor (T11-S2), that showed no contrast captation. It was difficult to tell if
it was an intra on extra-medullary tumor.
- Clear cell meningioma (WHO - grade II)
4. BASCO COUNTRY
- H08/25955 – Man, 39 y/o
Epistaxis. A 8 cm tumor occupying the right naso-ethmoidal region.
- SNUC ( DD with esthesioneuroblastoma, SNEC; we still do not have the IHC findings)
- 39 y/o, female. A 4 cm mass in the left lung (inferior aspect).
- Sclerosing hemangioma (Pneumocytoma); AE1-AE3+, CK7+, EMA+, TTF1+, 6% may have fat tissue)
- GM-21039/10 – 48 y/o. female. Right breast nodule.
- Low grade adeno-squamous carcinoma (Syringomatous squamous tumor / low-grade metaplastic carcinoma of Rosen; Suster at al, Cancer 67:2350,1991)
- B10-4585 – 57 y/o, woman. Clinical data: renal abscess. Gross feactures:
Left kidney weighing 1.200 g with irregular external surface. Cut surface:
whitish, fasciculated area with necrotic features.
- Renal malakoplakia (CD68+, PAS+)
- B09/33428 – 54 y/o, male: Chronic renal disfunction and Systemic hypertension.
Image: a 2.5 cm nodule in the left kidney. Nephectomy perfomed.
- Papillary clear cell carcinoma associated with end-stage kidney (35 beta, vim, Ck7+, CD10, 34 beta, desmin, racemase negative.) See: Amer J.Surg.Pathol. 34: 11, 2010
9. HOSPITAL ALIANÇA
- AP09/2308 - 3 y/o, female. Severe constipation. Defecation restricted with use of medication. Left colectomy performed.
- Chronic, idiopathic, pseudobstruction of the colon
(Myophatic variant; small number of Cajal cells; negative for neurofibromatosis)
10. SUSTER CASE
- 50 year-old-man with no significant past history develops a large ( 8 cm. diameter )
soft tissue mass in the right gluteus. Imaging studies show a
circumferential rim of calcification around the tumor and scattered calcifications within the tumor.
- Monophasic synovial sarcoma (massively calcifying and hyalinizing). Ker/EMA/bcl2+. SYT positive by FISH (X;18 translocation)
11. SALOMÃO & ZOPPI
- AP110/47786 - 13 y/o, girl. A vulvar tumor in the right lábia majora. Gross
features: 37 cm in diameter, ovoid, nodular, lobulanted, browish, whitish lesion
18.5g. At the cut surface: a firm, elastc, whitish, mucoid tissue.
- Low-grade fibromyxoid sarcoma (Evans tumor) - Vim, EMA, Bcl2 , CD99+; CK, S-100 negative)
- 6 y/o, female. Pain and increase volume in the right inferior leg for one year.
- Malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor with a component of rhabdomyosarcoma (Triton tumor).
13. Internet case:
- Hodgkin lymphoma associated with B-cell Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (Richter’s syndrome).